A Step of Faith - Our Adventure to Ukraine

Ukraine Map

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Almost Half Way

Today was a bit encouraging; we have tentative plans to have our court date on Friday. Daniel Valera would then officially be our son! We would still have to wait the mandatory 10 days that they instituted in September. Please, please pray that our court goes smoothly. It can be very stressful, like I said before, not everybody understands or likes Americans. I would like you also to pray for our translator Helen. She works very hard and is away from her family weeks at a time, doing God’s work and trying to make ends meet. She also has a lady friend at her church with cancer who is 28, so I ask you to lift her up in prayer as well. We hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with whoever you spend it with. We are extremely thankful for the wonderful comments that you take the time to send- neighbors, family, and friends. We will miss being with family and especially the kids. Maybe if we are lucky we can find some turkey!!

Love, Doug and Glenda


The Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! Isaiah 30:18

5 Comments:

  • "Almost half way" and God has been good! I was at school today and so many moms asked me how you were doing over there, and about nate and rach here...I hope that the prayers of God's people are giving you the peace and assurance that things are going so well...I KNOW that it has been the power of prayer!! It is just so awesome to see pictures of Daniel Valera smiling (he has a great one!) and to see the two of you in the taxi as well. I just had to smile and even got a bit teary as I know of your journey and feel your joy amongst the unknown. We will be in constant prayer for you this Holiday...at our family dinners, etc. we will lift you up with Thanksgiving praise! This will be a holiday you will always remember and forever be most grateful for! With that, I close for now, and give thanks to God for your health, safety, peace, and God's leading you to Daniel Valera! Blessings in love and friendship, Rhonda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 23, 2005 12:04 PM  

  • You will be extremely lucky if you find turkey! Blanche

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 23, 2005 2:35 PM  

  • Hi Doug & Glenda:

    Rosie & I just wanted to share with you that we have you in our prayers. We have greatly enjoy the pictures and we are very greatful that you have share your journey. We are sure that everything will go well on Friday and we are looking forward to meet Daniel Valera when you get back home. Take care
    Mario & Rosie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 23, 2005 7:29 PM  

  • Glenda and Doug,
    Happy Thanksgiving! This morning we awoke to a light dusting of snow. It has already disappeared.
    We hope you have a wonderful day and we pray tomorrow goes well.
    God Bless you both
    Pat, Doug, Kyle and Eric

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 24, 2005 9:44 AM  

  • Happy Thanksgiving! We woke up to a dusting of snow and snow covered pumpkins! It was beautiful but melted to soon. Rachel and Matthew slept well and were up at 7:15! They are watching (okay, me to) the Brady bunch marathon which is on all day today. We are in Brady heaven! Our dinner will be at 4;00. We hope you are having a good Thanksgiving in ukraine. Did you find turkey? We pray that you appt. goes well tomorrow! Love, Amy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 24, 2005 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters