Sunshine and Pizza!
Many thanks to all of you who are still praying for us! After a good night sleep (with a little help from Tylenol PM) we awoke to a blue sky and beautiful sunshine. This was the first sunny day we had since our trip began. The whole town seemed to look different. Then we went to a place for lunch that had pizza, it was so delicious. We did some more errands related to the adoption and then we went to the orphanage. It just so happened that Daniel Valera’s class was putting on a small show. There are a lot of celebrations reminding people of the flag and country. Blue is for water and air, which is essential to life and yellow is a happy and optimistic color – this is just what someone told me! See pictures. They truly are happy children and they have taught me more than they will ever know.
Blanche – I was so surprised to hear from you – if you want you can leave me your email address. The first message you sent- I didn’t know it was you and then the second one I started putting 2 and 2 together. I was on your blog today and would love to know more about where you are.
Rachel, you would love it here- there are so many dogs on the streets everywhere and they are happy too! I took a picture for you. Nate and friends- everyone has a cell phone and most of the cars are stick shift!
Thanks again to all who are helping us at home- we think of this every day and know that what we are doing would not be possible without each one of you. It would be very hard on the kids because there is a lot of walking, stairs, and in and out of buses and taxies- it takes some getting used to. Coming over for a visit would be a lot different because there wouldn’t be the stress of trying to get so many documents completed.
We love all of you and today I found myself thinking of ChristmasJ and how special it will be- we will really miss being home for Thanksgiving, but the list of things I am thankful for this year will be a lot more clear.
Love, Doug and Glenda
He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: “ I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore who ever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18: 2-4
Blanche – I was so surprised to hear from you – if you want you can leave me your email address. The first message you sent- I didn’t know it was you and then the second one I started putting 2 and 2 together. I was on your blog today and would love to know more about where you are.
Rachel, you would love it here- there are so many dogs on the streets everywhere and they are happy too! I took a picture for you. Nate and friends- everyone has a cell phone and most of the cars are stick shift!
Thanks again to all who are helping us at home- we think of this every day and know that what we are doing would not be possible without each one of you. It would be very hard on the kids because there is a lot of walking, stairs, and in and out of buses and taxies- it takes some getting used to. Coming over for a visit would be a lot different because there wouldn’t be the stress of trying to get so many documents completed.
We love all of you and today I found myself thinking of ChristmasJ and how special it will be- we will really miss being home for Thanksgiving, but the list of things I am thankful for this year will be a lot more clear.
Love, Doug and Glenda
He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: “ I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore who ever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18: 2-4


8 Comments:
Dear ones...Just sending prayers and love through the miles...we are here and you are there and God is with us all...take care...enjoy each day...
Love, Craig and Dawn
By
Anonymous, at November 22, 2005 2:53 PM
Dear Doug and Glenda
This is from Rachel - I love you so much mommy and daddy. Love, Rachel. At kid's care today we made
a pilgram. In school we made a pilgram's hat. We are going to have a party for Pilgram's and Native Americans. I am already for bed and we are going to read my new puppy book. Thank you for the book. I love you so so much.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving! I love you so so so much.
Hi Glenda -
I miss you and picking up the phone and talking to you. I'm in awe of your experience and so many people - clients, friends, and family ask everyday what is going on and I tell them about Valera. He just looks so nice. Rachel is looking at him right now at the picture Nathan printed out.
We are getting ready for our Thanksgiving Dinner - I picked up 2 turkeys today at Bolton's. Actually, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes thinking of all we have to be thankful for and that we will miss you at our dinner. Oyster filling - how about it Doug? And all the other good stuff. We may possibly have some snow on Thanksgiving morning. The weather has really changed.
Well, I'll close for now - time for bed soon and again - I have 2 new bed partners! We have become good buddies.
Take care and my love to you both. By the way - someone asked me today how many grandchildren I have - I said three - no - I mean four living and four in heaven. I am truly blessed. More tears. Grandpop would have been so proud of you and would have had a special tender place in his heart for this new boy in our lives.
Happy Thanksgiving and "God's Speed"
Love - Mom
By
Anonymous, at November 22, 2005 5:58 PM
Glenda and Doug,
It is so nice to hear how things are going for you. It is wonderful that you were able to see Daniel Valera in a little program at school. I am sure that will be something you all remember. I love looking at the pictures. The latest pictures of the dogs are great. They look so calm (they all look like Sammy- I know you are laughing because she is far from calm). It is so funny not seeing the ATV running or you out in the yard working. The weather has changed so much in the last week. It is bitter cold now so the days of gardening are over for this year. We look forward to your homecoming. Take care of yourselves. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Pat, Doug, Kyle and Eric
By
Anonymous, at November 22, 2005 6:06 PM
Dear Glenda and Doug,
It will soon be two weeks since you began your faith adventure to the Ukraine. We are very thankful for each step that led you closer to finding your precious son Daniel Valera, and allowing us here at home to enjoy time and share memorable moments with Nate and Rachel.
We need you to take care of yourselves and follow your heart as you ask God to open doors and work in the hearts of those persons who are responsible in making this adoption process complete.
We miss you and want you to know that our love is with you and many prayers surround you through the day and night. Enjoy your stay and we will wait patiently for your return when we can all be together again.
With Love,
Jeff & Faye
By
Anonymous, at November 22, 2005 6:19 PM
Hi Glenda and Doug, We continue to keep you in our prayers during the waiting game....yes, I would love to email you! blanchenyce@juno.com
Our language is much the same as yours. Drobra dan.....good day...Blessings, Blanche
By
Anonymous, at November 23, 2005 3:01 AM
Good morning -
The sun is shining so bright in all of your windows. A beautiful, very cold day. The dogs are out after sleeping with me all night. Nathan is in the shower - that old alarm just kept ringing. Rachel is ready for school and guess what - she made her bed - what a great job she did. Now off to school and off to work. Just wanted to say "Hello" and have a good day.
Love, Mom and Rachel
By
Anonymous, at November 23, 2005 4:48 AM
Dear Glenda and Doug, I finally got onto your blog site, and was very excited to read the whole journey up to this point. Daniel Valero looks very precious, as do all the kids at the orphanage. What a journey you have been on! Many prayers lift you both up daily. May your trip home soon be a reality. Blessings... kristi
By
Anonymous, at November 23, 2005 6:19 AM
Dear Doug and Glenda,
Just a little note to let you know that you and your family continue to be in our prayers and thoughts. Becca was so excited to see the pictures of Rachel's "new" brother.
We continue to pray that the courts are speedy for you as well so that those ten days can then pass and you can make your trip home with Daniel Valera.
We love looking at the pictures as well. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. We are all thanking God for Daniel Valera.
In His love and friendship,
Corey, Kim, Becca, and Brett.
By
Anonymous, at November 23, 2005 8:11 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home