A Step of Faith - Our Adventure to Ukraine

Ukraine Map

Friday, December 02, 2005

Traveling To Crimia

Tonights entry will be short and sweet because I am using Dougs palm and it is hard to type. It is 9 30 and we are traveling a very bumpy road to the Black Sea in a taxi van. Daniel is sitting in the front chatting with the drivers. He is very sweet! We picked him up at the orphanage around 2pm. We had such mixed emotions. We were so happy to finally get him and he was thrilled! Watching him hug his friends and teacher was moving. When it was our turn to hug and say goodbye, that was very hard. I felt guilty looking at all there sweet faces, and them looking at us like Why not me? Their caregiver gave us a gift that is more precious than gold. She handed me a box filled with beautiful colored pictures and sewing crafts they made for us. Daniel looks so cute in his new jeans and clothes. He picked out some cool sneakers and a baseball hat. He is quite handsome! It is hard to believe he is ours. God is so good.
Love, Doug Glenda and Daniel

John 3: 16

Douglas C. Moyer
CFO
Clemens Markets, Inc.
Sent from my wireless TREO.

7 Comments:

  • I have goosebumps on top of goosebumps hearing of you talk about spending this time with Daniel! It is such an answer to prayer to have a new son!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS MOM AND DAD!!! Finally the labor is done and now the bonding begins! :) I cannot even imagine how Daniel must feel...like being "set free" or like leaving a place of comfort for a world of unknowns or to finally have a place to call and a family to love...well, my guess is all of the above!! What a story he will tell as grows into a fine young Moyer man ! :)
    We are expecting Rach any minute to be dropped off my Mommom (told her to come earlier than scheduled since callie and tess will be here :) ...We will continue thinking of you and praying for safe travels, strength to stay healthy, great times spent with your new son, and peace for the remainder! Blessings and love, Rhonda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 02, 2005 1:36 PM  

  • Dear Doug, Glenda and Daniel...
    It was so neat how you signed off - love Doug, Glenda and Daniel. I guess you all were filled with incredible emotions. I know I would have been. Wow - a new grandson - after all the planning, talking, praying about this for so long, it has finally come to pass.
    Rachel and I were spending some time on the computer making things. After that we cleaned up, swept up, straightened up, Nathan is doing laundry, he cleaned up his room and swept it. I'm soon going to take Rachel to Rhonda's and then Dad and Aaron are coming over and we are going to the Heritage along with Nathan and then we will take him to his friend's house. You have wonderful good children. Rachel is singing uh huh uh huh that's the way I like it, I like it, uh huh uh huh.
    This is from Rachel - I love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much Mommy and Daddy and the dogs love you sooooooooooooooooooooo much. Love Rachel.

    Happy December and Merry Christmas to Doug, Glenda and Daniel

    With love and prayers as you prepare to travel home with you new son - Daniel Valera Moyer

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX0000000000000000 Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 02, 2005 2:22 PM  

  • Glenda, Doug and Daniel,
    We are so happy to hear that you are on your way. We hope you have a wonderful weekend, enjoy it. Sounds like you will be home by next weekend for sure. Daniel must feel so special. It is truly a blessing that God led you to such a special boy and everything has gone so well. Stay safe and we pray for your safe return.
    Pat, Doug, Kyle and Eric

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 02, 2005 3:19 PM  

  • Doug, Glenda, and Daniel,
    Wow! Corey and I were so moved while reading your "Traveling to Crimia" blog. We are so happy that Daniel is finally with you and pray that we will soon hear that you are on your way home to the rest of the Moyer family. God bless the three of you. ( and your loved ones at home as well.)
    Corey, Kim, Becca, Brett

    Hey Glenda- on a side note - I took Becca to see the play about "little orphan Annie". During one of Annie's songs, Becca leaned over and asked, "Do you think Rachel's new brother can sing like Annie?" I then explained to her that Annie is an actress who is trained in singing and not a real person. Anyway, I know it is a corny story, but I thought it was cute. We are very excited to meet Daniel Valera (I just hope Becca doesn't ask him to sing for her.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 03, 2005 9:37 AM  

  • That is so neat to finally have your little boy with you...and it won't be long before he will be chatting at your house with all of you! I remember when Ray said his first English words, everyone was so excited. Blanche and Ron

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 03, 2005 10:27 PM  

  • Congratulations!! It's a BOY!! Gee, should we have a baby shower??? Only bigger sizes??!! Oh, Glenda, we are so excited for your family. Daniel seems so sweet and I'm sure he'll fit nicely between Nathan and Rachel. It's' been a joy following your journey on this site. The 3 of us were gathering around the computer to see pictures of Daniel, like we want to be able to know him when we get to meet him! We pray for expedious processes and a quick and safe journey home. Many Blessings... Kristi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 04, 2005 10:50 AM  

  • Another note... to ease your mind. Nate has been great here, and he and Aaron seem like 2 peas in a pod when they're together. We went to the movies on Saturday afternoon, and the rest fo their time, well, you know those games... Last night, Nate went to bed a bit wheezy and couldn't find his inhaler in his bag. Dan ran him home where he could get one and all was well. We're so glad that he feels comfortable here and can tell us what's up or what he needs. We feel honored that we could help in this way. Kristi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 04, 2005 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Web Counters